Saturday, April 5, 2008

Finally some good news (U/S April 4/08)

The girls at work decided to name our babies a couple weeks ago, instead of calling them Baby A and Baby B, so I'm going to use those names from here on in. Phoebe is the smaller baby (oli - less fluid) and Ursula is the bigger baby (poly - more fluid around her).

I had a good week. I continued to feel really good, no dizziness, no shortness of breath, sleeping great at night, and feeling lots of flutters from Phoebe and Ursula. Yesturday morning I started to get short of breath again, and started to worry about the fluid accumulating, although I knew it wasn't as severe as Monday. I was very nervous before my U/S appointment as I think I will be before every appointment.

The nurse/technician always begins the U/S until a doctor arrives, however it was only a matter of minutes before Lynne showed her smiling face in our cubicle. Keith and I are starting to become quite familiar with U/S, and what we should be looking for. I had a good feeling initially when the girls showed up on the screen, it almost looked like a normal twin pregnancy U/S. I saw both bladders, the hearts looked good, and the babies were moving around constantly. An unhappy baby doesn't move so much. Lynne was also very pleased with everything, and measured the deepest pocket in Ursula's sac to be 3.8 cm which is so much better then over 10, which it was on Monday. (I don't know how much fluid was left after the amnioreduction, so I can't really say how much fluid accumulated since Monday). Although we were all very happy with the results, she told us we still had a long road ahead of us, and to stay positive, but remember things can change quickly. But still....Phewf! What a relief for a change, finally some good news to get through the weekend. I'm 20 weeks....

On our way home, I paged my friend Jan at work to meet me at the door to pick up some papers. To my surprize...Angela, Jan, Lori, and Kim came down with a a large mexican lasagna, and a large basket FULL of goodies. There was snacks, chocolate, bath and body products, magazines, Sudoku puzzles, wine (for celebrating once the girls are born), gift card for movies, movies, DVD's, electronic solitaire game, and more! AND a lot of cash to spend on something nice for myself...take out, movies, clothes, etc. ! I couldn't believe it, it really took me off guard, and I felt like I was going to bawl as soon as I saw them all coming towards me, but I held it together pretty well. As I went through the basket I became a little emotional...it was just SO nice and SO thoughtful, and I didn't expect it, it really just made my day even better. Alot of people added to the basket...The girls in the CR staffroom, and the CV surgery nurses/staff on 5.1 and 7.1. So if anyone is reading this blog that contributed, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I think you are all wonderful, and thank you for thinking of us during this difficult time.

Hope you all have a great weekend, next update will be after Monday's U/S.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

So glad to read about this positive news!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn, I was in Montreal for the last 2 days. So today, April 9, i checked in to read if there were any changes. But nothing new since April 4 it seems: no news means good news. So that is wonderful!! - Anxious to read after your next ultrasound. - Think of you every day. xxx Stay well, elizabeth

Aunt Nancy said...

You just hang in their Jenn. Keep expecting good news and keep praying.Waiting for next update....

Love you all,
Nancy