Sunday, March 30, 2008

Surgery went well (March 27/08)

Surgery was quick and painless, thank goodness for spinals. The worst part was recovery, it took over 3 hours to feel my legs again, much longer then after the c-section with Emily. No premature labour, thank God!!! Step 1 done with success. My family came to visit in the hospital which helped so much with the time. Both Tammy and Danielle brought food and magazines which is the best thing when on bedrest (and when your meals keep coming as clear fluids).

Mom and Dad arrived the day of my surgery and have been a huge help. It's reassuring knowing that Emily is happy when she's home and doing well. We're keeping her with her sitter, Renae for the most part. There are so many changes going on for her, that I want to keep daycare consistent, she loves being around the kids and Renae. It is very hard for me, not being able to play with Emily like I normally would. I can't lift her, and have to spend most of the time in bed or the couch, and she's too young to understand what is going on. She was scared to come close to me at the hospital because of the IV pole. It breaks my heart that she would be scared of her own Mommy.

I was in the hospital until Saturday (yesturday). I had another regular and vaginal U/S to check the babies and my cervix, and the stitches were in well, and the babies still healthy, but the fluid is accumulating and I'm at the fine line between waiting and doing the amnioreduction. When the deepest pocket of fluid in the larger baby is greater then 8cm, this is usually the point where amnioreduction is done. Again with treatment there is the risk of my membranes rupturing and going into labour. I am 19 weeks pregnant and the babies would not live at this point. I was measuring between 7.5-8, therefore very close to needing treatment. My next appointment is tomorrow, Monday March 31st. Dr. Macleod said come prepared to stay the night if she does an amnioreduction.

I'm happy to be home, but feel very helpless in that I have to ask for things all the time. Emily has become very comfortable with her Nanny and Grampie, which really is good, but it was sad when they went out for a bit today, because Emily cried and cried, and I couldn't comfort her at all. She only wanted Nanny, not Mommy or Daddy. She's so confused. I was very upset that she didn't want to come to me, luckily she warmed up again after 10 mins or so and was playing with me and cuddling as much as she could in bed, lots of kisses and hugs.

Tomorrow is another day, and we'll see what the U/S shows.

3 comments:

Selena said...

Big hugs from Tom, Noah and me. We'll be think of you, Keith,Emily and the little ones. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Terry-Lynn said...

Hey Guys! We are thinking of you. Thanks for the updates, this site was a good idea. Hope all goes well for you today. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Allan & Terry-Lynn

FayeK said...

Hey Jen... this site was a great idea. Hope it helps you to get all your thoughts and concerns out in the open like this. We are all pulling for you, and will keep you in our thoughs and prayers. Hugs from Faye and Emma!