Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Today is their birthday. 1 year ago today. This is a video showing how small and very real and alive they both were, despite the many lines, tubes and dressings that nearly covered their entire bodies. The video is mainly Jessica, it was played at her memorial service last June. Alyssa is on the left with the IV in the head when both girls are together...she was the baby who looked more ill at the time, but yet she is the baby with us today, doing super amazingly fantastic.

Thanks to everyone who wished Alyssa a happy birthday today, and who also remembered how very real and loved Jessica was and always will be to us.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my Jenn that is a beautiful video. The pictures, video and music are so perfect together. I love that you Emily included as well. She sure has grown as well eh!

You've inspired me to make one for Andrew. I have a VCR tape and lots of pictures. The Garth Brooks song you used was just out when Andrew died and I still can't listen to it without being moved. Eric Clapton also had just lost his 4 year old son and he wrote Tears from Heaven and it's incredibley moving as well.

Thanks for sharing the video with us. It was so moving... I just don't seem to be able to find the right words to describe it...what a beautiful gift for us.

Catherine W said...

Two beautiful girls. Happy birthday Jessica and Alyssa.

Melissa Ruginski said...

That video is incredible!!! What a wonderful tribute.

Anonymous said...

such a wonderful video Jenn. I watched to the end.... still breaks my heart.
hugs,
Paula